Sunday, June 29, 2014

Making Up For Lost Time

Day 33
Today's word count: 2,104
Overall word count: 36,800

Yesterday my lovely wife and I were kid-free, so we spent most of the afternoon up in Park City, where I was quickly reminded of the swift, hammer-like arrival of beer to the brain at 7,000 feet above sea level. We also took the tour of High West Distillery and ate at their excellent on-site restaurant. And picked up a bottle of this Shakespearean libation:






Didn't crack it open, though. I think it'll be more of a special occasion tipple. Anyway, I didn't get anything written yesterday. But I did keep thinking, which made today's writing rather effortless. Lots of conversation, lots of exposition, little asskicking.

A month in, I'm closing in on 150 pages. I could end up being surprised one way or the other, but if the plot threads I've thrown out there end up the way I think they will, I think I'm just a little under halfway done. Say 350 pages. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. I've actually had some of High West's offerings. The Campfire, the Double Rye and a 3rd one. The Campfire was really tasty. Would love to visit that place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their tour was free, short, fun, and informative, and followed by a very reasonably priced ($3-4 a shot) tasting. If Park City is accessible to you, I highly recommend both the tour and the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete