Friday, June 6, 2014

A Room of Thumbs' Own

(As of last night)

Day 9
Yesterday's word count: 50
Overall word count: 17237

No new writing yesterday; just some editing and rewriting during lunch that ended up adding a few lines. My kid brother Paul was in town, passing through on his way to Seattle with a friend, so the evening time that would normally have gone to writing, ended up going instead to whiskey and beer. That's just fine.

One thing I did accomplish yesterday was to pull my (non-HD) Kindle Fire out of mothballs and give it access to my Google Drive and Google Docs. It makes for a much less cramped reading and writing surface than my phone, and I think I will use it going forward. If I'm going to write a book with my thumbs, I may as well make it as easy as possible on them, right?

I'm excited for the next few things happening in my story. I can't decide which plot thread to pick up and move forward with next, which is a pretty good problem to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment